Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Hi, My name is Dee, and I have an addiction...

Alright, everybody, say it... "Hi Dee". Anyway, what I'm saying is that I am addicted. To what, you might ask? Well, that's a fairly hard question to answer. I'm addicted to... well, being. Being a housewife, a mother, a creator of projects, a kisser of boo boos, a cook, you can kind of see where I'm going with this.

Bottom line is- I love my life, in all its still-trying-to-get comfortable-with-this-whole-stay-at-home-mother/domestic engineer-runner-of-the-household glory. I have a wonderful husband, P, and a six month old son, B. I'm learning how to iron shirts, how to sew, how to decorate cakes, how to grow flowers, anything and everything that I can do to make my house a comfortable, warm, place for my kids to grow up. Yes, it's different from my prior life as a twenty-something working woman trying to crack the glass ceiling from the corner office, but I wouldn't go back for all the cake in the world. (And I love me some cake. )

We live in a somewhat urban environment right now, but my hope is to change that in the coming years- I want land, with some chickens, maybe a goat or two, and a huge garden! For now, though, I'm trying to be content in my townhouse, growing plants in containers, taking over half of my husband's office with my sewing paraphernalia, and kissing my sweet baby's cheeks a billion times a day. Hmm.. when I put it that way, there's MORE than enough to be content with!

Well, I hope this was a decent introduction- thanks for reading! I hope to share with you in the coming weeks the things that I'm learning and doing as I venture farther into this whole being a mom/running a household thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment