Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Husband Love

I was reading some celebrity weekly magazine tonight, while I was working out at the gym, and it had a quote from Kyra Sedgwick, talking about her husband Kevin Bacon. She said:

"I don't know how at 22, I went, 'Yeah, that's the guy,' and was actually right about it. Usually you pick someone who has all the worst qualities of your father or something."

This struck me, because I also married at 22. I've voiced this same sentiment several times since then. I had no idea what I was looking for long term, but somehow I ended up with a man who is absolutely perfect for me in every way. His weaknesses (there aren't very many), are my strengths and vice versa. He is loyal, loving, understanding, funny, and he has a great butt... definitely a great quality! All joking aside, he puts up with me when I'm at my worst, steps in for me when I just can't do it anymore, and rubs my back when it hurts. I couldn't ask for anything more.

Then just when I thought it couldn't get ANY better, he gave me two of the most amazing gifts in the whole world- my son, and the ability to stay home with him and just be mommy. Not have to worry about work/life balance, not have to worry about leaving my precious baby with someone I barely know every day, not have to try and keep all the balls in the air at one time- I can't even imagine how hard that is. Instead, if B wants to play, we play. If we want to go for a walk, we go for a walk. It gives me the time to really savor these sweet, sweet moments of infancy that go all too fast. I will treasure these memories that I'm able to make with B forever. I am eternally grateful to you, P, for all the hard work that you do to make this possible.

In short? I LOVE my husband. with a capital L-O-V-E. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment